[GEM Development] Hello?

Rev Peter R Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Wed Feb 25 21:24:51 PST 2004

G'day, Owen!

I still remember my -- "Trial Leaving" we used to call it -- 42 years
ago (!) It was horrifying by comparison with the real thing. Take your
results seriously and brush up where you need to, but don't panic. I
can't give you any particularly good reason for that, just don't panic.

I was really having fits about the German Honours (they'd call it level
1 German these days here in NSW, but I don't know what the standard
nomenclature is in your part of the world. Advanced, perhaps?) I
couldn't get the 3 hour exam finished in under 4 hours. I was doing past
papers almost nightly after the Trial Exam debacle with no improvement
on times.

On the day, I was in such a panic that I finished the entire exam in 1hr
20 min! Then I panicked that I must have missed a section.

It got me onto the School's Honours Board, anyway... I spotted my name
on a photo on the school's website a few weeks ago.

When does the final exam take place? I may as well add you to my prayer
list!

Well, happy studying, and let the hosts attend to themselves: you have a
higher calling just now!

with best wishes for your study,

Peter