[GEM Development] Re: Hi

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 12:31:24 PDT 2004

> Can't we do something about this, Ben or Gene? Blocking certain message
> subjects or headers, or just empty messages/messages with only
attachments?

Not really; I had a look a couple of weeks back.  I can block based on MIME
type, but that's fairly useless since these damn viruses target clients that
don't pay much attention to it so I'm not sure it'll be relevant.  What I
wanted to do was block attachments or trap them for moderation, but I can't
find any option for that in Mailman.

I'll turn off some of my filters so that I can see some of these messages,
then I'll be able to look for traits suitable a discriminators.

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)