[GEM Development] Fading echo of Peter Sieg...

Rev Peter R Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Sat Sep 20 00:01:40 PDT 2003

G'day again!

Shane M. Coughlan wrote:

>Yup, and I got them this time!  Thanks very much Peter.  And Peter S.  Thank
>you all Peters.
>

>>On another topic, I'm currentlhy downloading the FreeGEM beta...

Well, I did the download, though my dialup was allowing about 1.3k/s
last night. However, it didn't expand according to your instructions.
When I unzipped the 4.79 mb zip file, I got
- FGCONFGD.SYS
- FGCONFIG.SYS
- GEM.BAT
- LICENSE.TXT
- OPENINIT.RAW
- README.TXT
- SETUP.BAT
- \GEMAPPS
- \GEMOFF
- \GRAFMAPS
- \GRAFSYMS
- \GRAPHS
- \IMAGES
- \LIBRARY
- \WCHARTS

Not a lot of success there!

>>(Should be on broadband by next week, though, and perhaps
>>broadband and around-the-house network by the week after, Armand... My
>>wife got me cable for Fathers' Day -- 7 Sep here -- but installation
>>takes a while to get done.)
>>

>Uhhhhh
>:(
>Shane does not like the idea of having to do the extra admin of creating a
>segmented download :(

Me no like segmented downloads. ME LIKE COOKIES! (Maybe I should head
off for dinner now.)

>Armand?  Sounds like someone I know...

The missing mijnheer himself. Armand Collye was thinking about setting
up a broadband router in his flat some time back, and we discussed using
an older computer and Smoothwall  or Redhat, but he apparently lives on
two levels, meaning cabling problems between living and sleeping areas.

>Regards
>Shane

G'night all!

Peter