[GEM Development] Fw: GUI for DOS - BreadBox

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 01:02:15 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: dri at maxframe.com
To: DigitalResearch at egroups.com
Cc: Shane M. Coughlan
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 12:03 AM
Subject: GUI for DOS - BreadBox

Hi,

Has anyone checked out the BreadBox GUI for DOS which is at www.breadbox.com? This is now being bundled with DR DOS 7.03 by DeviceLogics at www.drdos.com (only works with MSIE).

BreadBox is the current version of GeoWorks which became NewDeal and it was first introduced around 1990 as a full-fledged DOS GUI.  I don't know to what extent it supports a Browser and TCP/IP which is crucial to achieving commercial value today with the DOS API/ABI.  It also has a cost of $100.00 on top of the $30.00 cost of DR DOS.  I have earlier versions which we're installing for testing along with OpenGEM.

Are there compilers available for LUNIX source code which will enable compiling graphical programs on the DOS API?

Best Regards,

Jim