[GEM Development] Ventura Publisher

Davey Brain dsbrain at neosplice.com
Fri Oct 17 15:25:02 PDT 2003

Liam Proven wrote thusly:
>>I have been offered a copy of Ventura Publisher for GEM on 5.25 disks,
>>but I
>>don't have a 5.25 drive.  Does anyone here have one?  Would they be
>>willing
>>to look at the disks and make ZIP copies of the contents?
>

> Can do - but if you're willing to pay postage I will happily send you a
> 5¼" drive (and matching cable) for free!

Better take him up on it, I would be happy to transfer to 3 1/2" and/or
CD-R also, but I'm in the USA.  I have quite a few computers with 5 1/4"
drives, both 360K & 1.2M.  BTW, many of the newer BIOS don't have
support for any 5 1/4" other than a 1.2M (no 360K).  Some only support 3
1/2" 1.44M and there is talk about writing out floppy support totally
(which I think is a big mistake, especially for diagnosing sick
computers; even if nothing else will boot a floppy usually will).

I also have VP for GEM but haven't located it yet.  I found a Xerox disk
box with VP but I think it's the DOS version.  I'll keep looking.  If I
can find it this weekend I'll transfer it and zip the disks to you.
BTW, VP for GEM wasn't bootable was it?  If it was I'd have to RAR it,
otherwise a straight file copy and zip would do it.
--
Davey Brain
dsbrain at NOSPAM!neosplice.com or

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth" - John F.
Kennedy

Gigabyte 7VKML AMD Athlon 1700XP+ Savage 4 AGP 4X 32M
This eCS 1.1 system uptime is 1 days 14 hrs 12 mins and 50 secs